Kerr recognized as a ‘Missouri Hero’

Gov. Eric Greitens honors nurse for her public service
Kerr recognized as a ‘Missouri Hero’

Audrey Kerr, RN, staff nurse in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU), recently was recognized by Gov. Eric Greitens as a ‘Missouri Hero’ for her public service in nursing. Kerr, who has worked for MU Health Care for seven years, said that it was an honor to be recognized alongside other Missouri heroes, including men and women in the armed services, doctors, teachers and law enforcement.

“The entire experience was very humbling,” Kerr said. “I was very proud to represent my unit, hospital and profession. It was a once in a lifetime experience that I will never forget.”

Greitens announced Kerr’s recognition during his inauguration on Jan. 9.

“Heroism is when people choose their commitments generously, make decisions wisely and choose to spend their precious days finding ways to make other lives lighter and brighter,” Greitens said during the event.

“I believe nurses are some of Missouri’s best unsung heroes,” Kerr said. “We are with our patients and their families through what may be the most difficult time in their lives. Nursing is a labor of love, not just a job to me. I receive a lot of joy and satisfaction out of my career in nursing.”